This article was published on our old web site in year 2014. We are placing it here for comparison and as a reminder to all of us how quickly we have become dependent on use of wireless devices.
If someone would ask you are you constantly being exposed to microwave radiation, every day all day, you’d probably say no, right? Yes, you’re using your smartphone or tablet, but it’s not like you’re using it all the time. And you’re not sleeping next to your wireless router either, so you’d probably think you’re safe.
Before you dismiss any notion that you actually are exposed to strong microwave radiation each day without even realizing it, you might find these mind-blowing facts about how much our environment is polluted with artificial microwaves very interesting.
Astonishing statistics on use of Wi-Fi
- Broadcom survey on growing dependence from Wi-Fi showed that 60% of people can’t make it through one day without seeking for WiFi. 30% of them said they can’t go through one hour without being wirelessly connected. 39% said they would give up coffee, 57% would give up Twitter and 50% would give up Facebook for a whole month – rather than giving up WiFi.
- Wakefield Research survey showed 75% of people are grumpier without WiFi than without coffee and 44% is convinced they couldn’t stay in touch with family members without the use of WiFi.
- 93% of all tablet users use only wireless internet connection.
- In 2012, 61% of American households had wireless routers.
- 2013 will be remembered as a year when number of mobile devices surpassed the total number of people on Earth.
- During next 3 years, it is expected that 7 billion of new WiFi devices will be activated and in daily use.
- WiFi is unstoppably becoming medium of choice. 71% of all communication goes through Wi Fi, and 2/3 of all American consumers prefer wireless internet connection to cellular networks.
- Smartphone users check their phones on average 150 times a day.
- 90% of people keep their mobile devices at a hand’s reach all time, day or night.
- 67% of smartphone users will keep checking for messages even without being notified. A phenomenon called “Phantom Vibration Syndrome” is situation when brain imagines nonexistent notifications, because it’s so addicted to receiving new messages
It’s easy to become addicted to comfort
Wireless access to information, anytime and anywhere is practical, useful and convenient. Access to information is easier than ever before in human history and it feels good. That much comfort is overwhelmingly satisfying, it’s a newly discovered toy and we’re not used to thinking that WiFi can make us sick. The amount of microwave radiation we are exposed to is increasing with every day. What kind of consequences this much of long term exposure will create on our health, it is yet to be seen.
What we know at this point, health effects of microwave radiation vary from headaches, anxiety, insomnia, problems with concentration, fatigue, nausea, changes in cardiovascular and nervous system to even cancer. Over the time, a phrase “microwave sickness” became popular as one term covering all EMF/microwave radiation-caused diseases. Effects of microwave radiation on human health cannot be seen immediately; it is said that effects of EM waves are reversible at early stages and lethal over time.
Even if you don’t use it at home, WiFi is everywhere around you. Wireless network access points, so called hotspots, are becoming a standard just about anywhere you go – at work, in school, cafes, hotels, shops, churches, libraries, restaurants, even subway and buses. We can’t see, hear or smell microwave radiation so it’s easy not to think about it.
Unfortunately, our bodies do sense and react to radiation from microwaves. We at EmfProtectionStore want to contribute the growing movement of EMF radiation protection awareness. The fact is, small and simple changes in daily routines (the way we use our technology) will significantly decrease microwave radiation exposure. For more information, read 10 ways to fight Wi-Fi radiation.